Monday, February 28, 2005

To End All Wars

Quick film review:

I give this film four out of five stars. Although rated “R”, I strongly recommend every mature, adult believer (who believes in watching meaningful, yet R-rated films) to pick up a copy of this film.

To End All Wars is a story about the struggles of Allied POW’s, forced to build the Burmese railroad under the harsh treatment of their Japanese captors. This film follows Ernest Gordon, the agnostic, who begins his journey of faith after being nursed back to health by the sacrificial love of a Christian friend. I could give my specific comments on this film, but I recommend reading what non-filmmakers have to say about it.

This film is a perfect example of the kinds of films that need to continue being made. It is exciting to see the online discussions that have been happening because of this film. Christians are able to share their faith within a context provided to them by the filmmakers.

I had the opportunity to meet the filmmakers briefly about a year ago. I was excited to see the level of production value they were able to accomplish with the budget that they had. Also, I was excited to see the kind of talent that they were able to get involved in this project.

This film should serve as a great encouragement to all the Christian filmmakers out there to work hard at developing moving and compelling stories that demonstrate the Word of God in real-life situations.

Drop a comment if you’ve seen it! I’d love to hear what you think of this film!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home